Prostate Cancer Facts
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian men.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young Canadian men aged 15 – 29 years.
- One in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men – 26,500 Canadian men are diagnosed with the disease, and 4,000 Canadian men die from it each year.
- The risk of contracting prostate cancer increases with age.
- The disease is often without symptoms in its earliest, most curable stage – making annual testing ever more important.
- It can be treated by surgery, radiation and hormone therapy.
- It is thought to be a potentially preventable cancer in many cases, but more research is needed.
There’s only 30 days in Movember, so let’s make each one count.
Sponsor Me –> http://mobro.co/peterfolk
The best part is that all donations will be matched by Agrium, up to a maximum of $50,000. All funds received will be directed to the Movember foundation, however Agrium’s match will be directed to the Prostate Cancer Centre in Calgary, Alberta.