Prostate Cancer Facts
• One in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men – 26,500 Canadian men are diagnosed with the disease, and 4,000 Canadian men die from it each year.
• In 2013, over 238,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed and almost 30,000 men will die of prostate cancer in the US alone.
• The risk of contracting prostate cancer increases with age.
• The disease is often without symptoms in its earliest, most curable stage – making annual testing ever more important.
• It can be treated by surgery, radiation and hormone therapy.
• It is thought to be a potentially preventable cancer in many cases, but more research is needed.
Sponsor Me –> http://ca.movember.com/mospace/7283961